Tuesday, July 7, 2009

7 Ways to Survive a 4th of July Cookout

 

 

Technorati Tags: ,,

Need help resisting a second or third helping? Or do you need willpower to make smart choices?
Check out these tips from dailySpark readers, who share
How to Resist Overeating at a Party:

  1. Keep a water bottle in your hand or close by. Stay hydrated instead of stuffed. (Dozens of you suggested this. A GREAT tip!)
  2. "I grab a plate with a reasonable portion of a snack, and go across the room to talk to my friends instead of letting them come to me at the snack table." NOAPOLOGIES
  3. "I bring something that I can snack on to share with everyone. I also count out a serving and try to plan ahead of time." BIGGESTWINNERS
  4. "I usually bring a vegetable or fruit tray to the party� I allow myself to have small portions of my favorites, so I don't feel deprived." SINCERELYSUSAN2
  5. "I try to eat something healthy before getting to the party so I'm less likely to overeat there." ANGELDIMPLES14
  6. "I don't arrive overly hungry, only eat fruits and veggies and piece of something grilled, then I head to the volleyball court." FUTURESIZE5
  7. "Chew gum." SWERVES_1

If you need more great tips, check out the comments our readers left here.
Be sure to read our BBQ Survival Guide before heading to any 4th of July or belated Canada Day cookouts this holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment