Saturday, June 20, 2009

German Recipes


Do You Enjoy Eating German Food?

How About Cooking Delicious

Authentic German Recipes?

Then you have come to the right place!!!

Dear Friend,

For years I have watched my German mother cook the most outstanding traditional German recipes. She learned her recipes from my grandmother who trained at a high class finishing school for girls and later cooked for high society people as well as her large family.

german meatballs

The art of cooking authentic German recipes seems to have long been forgotten. Even our friends and relatives in Germany have cir come to buying ready made German food rather than doing it themselves. But the old ways always taste the best.

My mother is now on the other side of 70 (though you wouldn’t think so when you see her). For years I had tried to coax her recipes out of her, but like most brilliant cooks, the recipes are mostly in her head. When I’d ask her how she made such and such, the usual answer was “oh, a little bit of this, and a little bit of that …”, I’m sure you know how it goes. Anyway the result was that the recipe continued to remain a secret.

So how was I going to get these scrumptious recipes out of my mothers head and not be lost for ever. How could I learn to cook like her, and even pass the German recipes on to my children, family and friends.

Then I came up with an idea. What if I were to video her in her kitchen as she cooked? I had to plead really hard with her, and after a lot of persuasion she finally agreed!!!

Then as we began to make these videos I thought how great it would be to share these wonderful recipes with others, so that they could enjoy them too. And so it is my pleasure to pass on to you all the little known secrets that would otherwise be lost to history.

Below are a couple of these recipes, straight from her plain and simple little kitchen. But I can assure you that what comes out of it is good old authentic and traditional German cooking, that will have your mouth watering, and your friends begging you to tell them how you put this together.

So please enjoy the videos, and I will even send you a printed version of the recipe. Just fill out the box below the videos and I will gladly send them to you.

Happy German Cooking

Roger Salisbury

The two recipes below are a favorite in Germany and go well together.

.

German Schnitzel

German schnitzel is easy to make, but so tasty. Everyone will love you for serving this!!!


German Potato Salad

Potato salad is another traditional German recipe, and this one in particular will really get your mouth watering. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment